Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall Gala 1

Usually I notice when Summer turns into Fall but this year we've been so busy with filming projects to be shown at Galas that here we are with the temperature falling into frost, and daylight savings time about to disappear, and I've barely had time to haul out my sweaters and boots. To be fair, the amount of time we've spend traveling to events has provided us with the opportunity to watch the trees turn color this year, for which I am hugely grateful.
Our first gala involved our joining forces with other ISES New England members in a team headed up by event planner extraordinaire, Jill Moran, to create a fabulous 175th birthday celebration of Family Service of Greater Boston at the  Cyclorama. It was fun (and challenging) to create a montage chronicling the waves of ethnic immigration that marked each decade of family history of Boston since 1835. I have to admit that the project taught me more about this city's history than I could have imagined!

No comments: