Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gorgeous Dancing Men!

When I first began making wedding films I began to wonder about the bride-centricity of weddings. Of course the fairy tale wedding is the stuff of little girl's more often than little boy's fantasies, but still, when I thought about my wedding, I thought about my groom.
I recall fantasizing about the look on his face when he first saw me in my wedding dress, how he would take me in his arms and kiss me when the ceremony ended. So, while I certainly won't ever neglect my fabulous brides, neither do I think of my grooms as accessories to the event.

When men openly express joy on the wedding day, in their smiles, their comments, their toasts and big hugs, I simply melt. On the occasion of Pamela and John's Greek Orthodox wedding, cousins came all the way from Greece to celebrate. And celebrate they did!

This clip is a mostly unedited version of a celebratory wedding dance involving the groom, John; his father, Ted, and several Greek cousins. Although traditionally danced by men alone, you can see John's mom and Ted's wife, Stella, gracefully weaving in and out of the dance. I just love this clip. Watching it makes me feel so happy.

No comments: