Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Perfect Moments: Spring is in the Air

Last Saturday, the most gorgeous day we’ve had so far this ‘spring’ in Boston, I went for a walk to Boston Bridal Lounge (BBL) with my fellow intern Maggie. Even when we’re not at GENERATIONS cinemastories HQ weddings consume a significant amount of our time. Newbury Street was bathed in sunlight, and in the short walk from Emerson College we had to take our jackets off because of the heat.
We reached Boston Bridal Lounge and made our way to the second floor gallery of wedding perfection. Tables set with fine china and expensive cutlery were meticulously laid out on richly patterned tablecloths. Everything from dresses, to chandeliers, to candles had an elegant tag with company information attached. Maggie and I were enthralled by the demure sophistication and style Boston Bridal Lounge radiates.  
After soaking in the richness of BBL, checking out GENERATIONS’ footage (running almost nonstop in the foyer), and taking a peek into the vendor binder wall, we said our goodbyes to our lovely hosts Amy and Eleni.

I asked Maggie if she wanted to head back and thank goodness she said no. It was too beautiful a day to be indoors. We walked over to the esplanade and looped back to the Public Gardens. I don’t know how well you know Boston, but there’s an angel statue in the Gardens on the corner nearest to the Arthur Fielder footbridge. It’s surrounded by trees and flowering plants this time of year. As we crossed the street we caught a glimpse of a couple standing right under the angel. They were in business attire, probably just getting off work. The woman had that look of pure happiness and was wiping her eyes as the man held a small, velvet, black box in front of her. “Ohmygoodness, Maggie!” I gasped. She looked at me with her ‘oh my gosh I this is too cute’ face and I knew she was thinking the same exact thought.

We just saw this couple at one of the most important points in their lives.

They hugged and huddled close together marveling at the ring that (I’m sure) cost a him a pretty penny. 

Maggie and I continued our walk with a little more bounce in our steps and giddy smile on our faces. Who would have thought our trip to Boston Bridal Lounge would have ended with us witnessing a teary-eyed, perfect proposal.

-Cheryl
Twitter: @stingrayfuse

No comments: